Mount Waverley Primary is a Five Star Sustainable school. The aims of the Sustainable Environment education at MWPS are:
- to develop an appreciation of the environment, our relationship with it and our responsibility for its future
- to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and commitment to be environmentally friendly and responsible
- to assist students to develop an environmental ethic that is reflected in individual and collective environmental practices
- to encourage and assist students to develop an environmental consciousness and awareness of their relationship with the environment, through direct contact with the environment and practice in environmental decision-making,
- to assist in meeting these aims we participate in recycling, Earth Hour each fortnight, Junior and Senior Sustainability Clubs, growing vegetables, tree planting, wildlife fundraising and units of work within the Sustainability specialist and classroom programs.
SUS movie 2021.mp4 from mwps on Vimeo.